Siteco can facilitate the earthworks component of your project after demolition or house removal has taken place. This includes site cuts, removal of soil and other materials and supply of aggregates and materials to site.
Earthworks refer to the engineering operations involving the alteration or manipulation of the earth's surface. These activities involve excavating, moving, placing, or compacting soil, rock, or other materials to shape the land for construction or landscaping purposes. Here's an overview:
TYPES OF EARTHWORKS
- Excavation: Digging or removing materials from the ground, commonly done for foundations, trenches, basements, or utility installations.
- Cut and Fill: Cutting involves excavation to lower the ground level, while filling involves adding materials to raise the ground level. This balances the land for construction.
- Grading: It involves leveling or shaping the ground to achieve a specific slope, elevation, or surface profile for roads, buildings, or landscaping.
- Embankment: Building up and compacting materials to create raised areas like roads, embankments, or platforms.
- Land Clearing: Removing vegetation, trees, and debris to prepare the land for construction or agricultural purposes.
- Surveying: Initial assessment of the land to determine its topography, boundaries, and required alterations.
- Design and Planning: Creating blueprints or plans that specify the required earthwork operations.
- Excavation and Hauling: Using heavy equipment like excavators, bulldozers, dump trucks to perform the necessary digging, moving, and transporting of materials.
- Compaction: Ensuring proper compaction of soil or materials to provide stability and prevent settling.
- Erosion Control: Implementing measures to prevent soil erosion during and after earthworks.
IMPORTANCE AND APPLICATIONS
- Construction: Vital for preparing sites for buildings, roads, bridges, and other infrastructure projects.
- Agriculture: Land leveling and drainage systems are essential for agricultural purposes.
- Landscaping: Shaping land for gardens, parks, and recreational areas.
- Environmental Remediation: Used in cleaning up contaminated sites by removing and replacing soil.
- Safety: Earthworks involve heavy machinery and must adhere to safety protocols to prevent accidents.
- Environmental Impact: Minimizing disruption to natural ecosystems and implementing erosion control measures.
- Regulations: Complying with local regulations and obtaining necessary permits for earthmoving activities.
Professional expertise is crucial in executing earthworks efficiently while considering environmental, safety, and regulatory factors. Consulting with civil engineers, surveyors, and earthmoving contractors is often essential for successful earthworks projects. Siteco can mange this process for you. We have our own machinery and can sub contract for complex projects.
EarthworksEven if no contamination exists, when a house is removed there is work required to level the site, remove waste and get the ground ready for construction.
Bulk Cartage & Hook Bin HireSiteco offers a range of bulk cartage and hook bin hire options.
Demolition & DeconstructionResidential and commercial demolition and deconstruction of house materials so they can be reused or disposed of.
Asbestos and Contaminated Soil RemovalFacilitate the required testing and safely remove all contamination prior to demolition. We have over 10 years of experience safely demolishing contaminated and fire damaged properties.